The Entrepreneur’s Source® explains why looking into your Possibilities, Options and Dreams (POD) is a crucial first step in realizing what your future can look like. Understanding what possibilities and options are out there combined with analyzing one’s ultimate dreams can help you paint a better picture of your route to self-sufficiency.
If you haven’t examined your Possibilities, Options, and Dreams, then now’s the perfect time to start. Here The Entrepreneur’s Source breaks down each component of POD and how to examine each element.
The Entrepreneur’s Source® Helps You Examine Your POD. When examining your personal POD, it’s important to go through and define each component separately and asking yourself a list of related questions. Here is just an example of how you might go about defining POD and a few of the many questions you can ask yourself.
Possibilities: The key to effectively exploring one’s possibilities is to survey in detail every conceivable avenue that exists. Often people only explore familiar possibilities, which can hinder them from reaching their true potential. Often, the most dubious possibilities are the ones that turn into a reality.
- What possibilities do you see yourself having in your current position of employment? Try comparing your current possibilities to the possibilities that business ownership can offer you.
- What areas of business or industry sectors are you disinterested in and why? Explore these avenues in greater detail. You never know if you may suddenly become interested once you learn about them in greater detail.
- Dream like when you were a kid and the possibilities were endless and failure was not an option.
- What would you be doing, if you knew you could not fail?
Options: Think of your options like potential vehicles that could lead you or help you accomplish your goals. When you think about the different modes of transportations like a car, a ship, a plane, neither of them are inherently good or bad modes of transportations. Depending on where you want to go and what you want to experience will likely be what you consider in order to pick a vehicle to best meet your needs. Looking at your options to meet your goals needs and expectations should be no different. What are the typical options? The job market, business ownership, including independent and franchise concepts and Investments are the common ones. Fully analyzing and considering each of these is the key to finding what will work best for you. But it all starts with where you want to go and what you want to accomplish.
- What makes up your Income, Lifestyle, Wealth and Equity (I.L.W.E.) Goals? Examining these can help you establish what options can help you reach these short-term and long-term goals.
- What options are you most interested in and most disinterred in? Compare these to one another to see if there are trends that you see among the two groups to conclude what excites you and what deters you.
Dreams: When you envision your ideal future in which you are completely happy, what do you see? Well, the components that make up this dream self-are your dreams. For a moment forget about all the “Yes, but’….” Set yourself free and dream
- What are the three key things that you would like to see in your future? After you determine these, try establishing goals for how you can foresee yourself reaching them.
- What is your biggest dream that seems the most unattainable? Break down why you feel this goal is unreachable. This can help you to visualize the barriers that may stand in the way of you and your dreams, hopefully helping you see that your ultimate dream may be easier to achieve that you imagined.
Contact an Alternative Career Coach at The Entrepreneur’s Source®
Becoming self-sufficient and possibly a franchise owner is a great route to autonomy for potential entrepreneurs who are looking to realize their Possibilities, Options and Dreams. For individuals who are serious about becoming self-sufficient and are open to learning more about an entrepreneurial future and want more guidance on how to establish one’s POD, contact an alternative career Coach at The Entrepreneur’s Source today. Talking with an E-Source Coach can help prospective entrepreneurs examine their POD accurately and in greater detail, helping them paint a clear picture of what their future can look like through franchise ownership. But we have one condition, keep an open mind. 95% of the people we coached ended up discovering something they admittedly would have never looked at or would have prematurely dismissed.