The Entrepreneur’s Source explains why the promises we make to ourselves are the most important
Remember all those big plans you made for yourself at the beginning of the year? Maybe you promised to exercise more and eat healthier. Maybe you promised yourself you would find a way to live a life that felt more like living and less like existing!
Now let’s assume you started the year with an idea in place and plenty of motivation. Maybe you actually went and joined a gym or saw a nutritionist. Maybe you actually decided to leave your dead-end job and pursue your dream of entrepreneurship. Remember all the enthusiasm and excitement you felt when you committed to reaching those goals? For months you might have actually gone to the gym and you might have actually researched a few business ideas. But then… life happens.
It could be that you got sick and missed the gym for a week, then decided you might as well have a hamburger, too. At work, you got hit with a huge project that’s taking hours of your time. And all that effort working on somebody else’s dream meant you couldn’t even take a step toward your own. The coaches here at The Entrepreneur’s Source® want you to remember those feelings of enthusiasm and excitement; because it’s not too late to recommit to yourself and achieve your Income, Lifestyle, Wealth, and Equity goals!
In fact, it’s so common to lose steam as summer approaches that May is known as National Recommitment Month. If you have that dream of owning your own business — or love the idea of working to live instead of living to work, then keep on reading, because our alternative career coaches have five reasons why you should ditch the day job and recommit to yourself
- When you help yourself, you can help others. There’s a reason the airline safety demonstration tells you to put your oxygen mask on before helping others. Happiness is kind of that way too. If you are miserable at your job, constantly traveling or working on the weekends, then it’s unlikely that you’re happy. The Entrepreneur’s Source calls it the Battered Career Syndrome. If you start the journey toward making yourself happy, you are in a better position to make those around you happy as well.
- You should dare to dream. What would you do if you weren’t afraid of failure? Our proven methods will show you that not only is it okay to dare to dream, but also that you really can achieve it. Our coaching process is all about your possibilities, your options, and your YOUR WILLINGNESS to explore and define your unique goals, needs and expectations is one of the main catalysts for success.
- Hardships deserve rewards. Here are a couple of examples: You put in years of hard work and long hours at a company where you’re just another drone. Maybe you’ve busted your butt and sacrificed your family and now you’re being rewarded with a layoff notice! Those are the hardships — going into business for yourself and working toward your goals is the next step AND the reward.
- Stop settling. Some people spend their lives settling for less than they really want. Sometimes settling is a compromise that’s an understandable sacrifice: sure, you’d rather have the luxury sports car instead of the minivan, but that’s a sacrifice you’re willing to make for your family. But is sacrificing your happiness at work worth it? According to Psychology Today, the average American spends 90,000 hours on the job over their lifetime! That’s a lot of misery if you’re unhappy on the job. With the help of The Entrepreneur’s Source®, we can help you find the best way to achieve your ultimate goals — maybe it’s wealth, maybe it’s more time with your family. Remember that the business is NOT the dream… it’s how you achieve the dream.
- Set an example for your kids. Every parent has hopes and dreams for their child. We doubt too many of them dream of a future for their child that’s filled with commuting for hours every day, clocking in, clocking out, and then falling into an exhausted sleep at night so you can do it again the next day. But remember, parents are the prime role models for their children. If you want them to live happy, exciting, and fulfilled lives, shouldn’t you do so yourself?
Change is scary; but good. We’ve been helping people go from Employment to Empowerment® for more than 34 years now. If you’ve lost the motivation, here’s an easy way to get it back: The Entrepreneur’s Source® Start a Business Weekend®. It’s a Virtual Expo that will allow you to explore and compare over 170 franchising opportunities and discover funding options to finance your new business.
Recommit to yourself and to your dream by taking these easy first steps. And when you’re ready to find your franchise match that will propel you forward, head to https://www.franchisematch.com/.