Show Your Military Appreciation: Share This Post With A Veteran. They’ve put their lives on the line for our safety and security. At The Entrepreneur’s Source®, we celebrate our military and their families every single day, but May is special as it’s designated Military Appreciation Month. Imagine if we could show our appreciation by giving an unimaginable gift— the gift of living your dream. It’s a gift you can give yourself and The Entrepreneur’s Source can help you do it.
The Department of Defense estimates that as many as 245,000 enlisted service members and officers will leave the military each year through 2019. Will you go back to a job that feels like basic training all over again? That may work for some, but don’t you owe it to yourself to consider entrepreneurship? While you were out making the world a safer place for everybody, a few things changed in the business world. The “New Career Economy” has many people, veterans and civilians alike, re-evaluating their futures.
8 Reasons Veterans Make Great Franchise Owners
Think about this – one out of seven franchise businesses are owned and operated by veterans of the U.S. military. There’s a reason veterans are such successful business owners — actually, there are more than one! Read over this list and consider your own Goals, Needs & Expectations.
- Natural leaders – Leadership is a skill that you can’t buy — and it’s a skill that’s needed to become a successful business owner. During a career in the military, this skill is developed and refined, and it comes in handy if you’re in charge of a team of employees.
- Work ethic – Nobody says owning a franchise is easy. It’s hard work and long hours, at least at the beginning. The key here is that you do that hard work and put in those long hours for yourself and not somebody else!
- Stress management – Veterans know a thing or two about stress, from combat situations to deployment and family separations. Opening a new business that could make your dreams come true? You got this – you won’t be fazed.
- Following a system – From day one of a military career, you’re given orders. Let us explain how that translates into successful franchising. A franchise is built on a plan, with pretty much every detail worked out by the people who’ve tried it and tested it before you! It’s a system for success, but it’s up to you to execute it. The franchise system gives you the recipe to be successful, all you have to do is follow the system and make sure the plan is executed! Not everyone has that focus and follow-through.
- Start at the top – This is especially true if you are retiring from the military. Do you really want to go somewhere and start at the bottom doing grunt work, or are you more interested in an Encore Career? An Encore Career puts you in the driver’s seat of your destiny.
- Commitment and loyalty – Franchisors can be picky! They have to be — their success depends upon your success. They are going to award their franchises to people they can trust to take care of business. With all the sacrifices most military men and women make for their country, you can’t question their commitment and loyalty to something they believe in.
- Teamwork – This may seem like a no-brainer to vets, but not everyone understands the concept of teamwork. As veterans, your job, or even your life, may depend on someone else doing their part correctly. Apply this skill to your own business, and you’ll reap the benefits.
- Perks – You’ve earned them, now enjoy them! There are a number of benefits extended to veterans who want to own their own business, from favorable lending rates to tax breaks. That already provides you with the incentive to dig deeper into entrepreneurship.
So how do you move forward? It’s simple. You can contact The Entrepreneur’s Source and one of our Career Transition Coaches will get in touch with you and answer all of your questions. Or join us for our exclusive online expo — Start a Business Weekend. It’s a virtual expo you can join from the comfort of your own home. You can explore and compare over 170 franchising options and discover funding opportunities.
Share this post
Buy a veteran a cup of coffee. Shake their hand and tell them thanks! These are all great ways to show your appreciation for our military members this May. But if you really want to give them a gift, share this post with them and open their eyes to a world they might not have ever considered. After all, they’ve made huge sacrifices for us — showing them how to make their dreams come true is showing them true appreciation.
If you are a veteran, or know a veteran, who would be interested in learning more, get started at https://www.franchisematch.com/.